Sunday, May 31, 2015

My First Knit Along

I have recently found a yarn company called Expression Fiber Arts. In one of their emails to me they announced a Knit Along for June 2015. I was intrigued, I have been wanting to find a KAL to join and this seemed like the right time. I went to Ravelry.com (a knitters best friend) and joined the Expression Fiber Arts group. I was a little apprehensive, I thought may be the pattern would be over my head. However, I said I can do this so I "signed up". When and I went to Expression Fiber Arts and placed an order for this lovely yarn seen above. It is a Superwash Merino Tencel Fingering  yarn called Frosted Freesia.  410yd 3 ply for knitting needle size US 0-7.  The pattern was later revealed as the Glam Shells shawl, when I saw it I said, Oh, can I do that? It looked like I could be in over my head. I looked at the pattern itself and saw that it was just K (knit), YO (yarn over), SSK (slip slip knit). Well I thought no I can do this. Since this pattern will grow to 203 stitches I will be using my US 6 32" circular needles.

June 1 is the start date, that is when I get to CO (cast on) and I need to complete by June 30. Yes, I can do this. It will be fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment