Monday, March 17, 2014

Cable Scarf

In December of 2013 I made the decision that it was time to take my knitting to the "next level". I heard about a knitting shop in Petaluma, California called "Knitterly". I had been following them on facebook and their blog and found on their website that they offered classes. They were offering a beginning knitting, but since I already knew the basics I decided to sign up for the Next Step class. So I called them up and enrolled in the class that was offered on January 4, 2014. When I got to the class, I found that I was the only one in that session. Wow, I had a private lesson. The teacher said that I could choose what I wanted to learn. I decided that I wanted to learn to Cable. The first step in the class was to choose yarn and needles. I choose a
yarn called "Baby Alpaca Grande" this was a really soft yarn and the needles were a smooth bamboo I then to go purchase a cable hook. Using these needles and this soft yarn I felt like I was really knitting. It really didn't take me long to get the hang of cabling it was really quite easy. Here is what I created. Since I took this class, I have been "enrolling" in classes on Craftsy so I can keep exploring new knitting techniques.




No comments:

Post a Comment